Cohort Expectations and Curriculum
The cohort will meet as a full group approximately five times over five months.
Each project team (you can be a team of one!) will create a project plan with week by
week milestones and meet with Dr. Monti every other week. Projects teams should
expect to spend at least 10 hours/week on their project.
Full group meetings will last two hours. We will meet with New England based experts in
areas related to invention, entreprenuership, licensing, startups, scalability, business
principles, and planning.
We will talk about:
*Problem identification: what brought you here?
*How do you know a problem is worth solving?
*Customer discovery: will anyone else use it if I build it?
*How to interview for meaning
*How to rapidly prototype
*Intellectual property: how and why it matters
*Should this become a company?
*Perfecting the pitch
*Finding early money
- Why Innovation in healthcare is hard
- Doctors can be good at invention
- Training the next generation of public health innovators
- The Startup Manual - Steve Blank and Bob Dorf
- Profits at the Bottom of the Pyramid - C.K. Prahalad
- The Innovator’s Dilemma - Clayton Christensen